Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 2 in Praha

Ok so I woke up ridiculously early today like 6:30 tried to go back to bed but couldn't. So I talked to people from home since it was like 10pm or something there. Then I took a shower but the spigot is to low it only goes to like my collar bone. To use the toilet in the bathroom you have have to lift up to flush. We headed to the meeting place "under the horses tail" for our orientation. We then we took the metro to where we were going to have lunch after we learned how to ride and read the metro maps of course lol. It's not too difficult kinda like bart there are only 3 lines a, b and c each with a corresponding color that I don't remember at the moment. We get to the restaurant which smelled of smoke I guess you are allowed to smoke in there. They have huge lunches, so we had a 3 course meal. First we had broccoli soup which was really good. Then they were having gulosh which is beef with a thick gravy-like saucy and a bread for lunch which is a traditional dish there. I decided to have the vegetarian dish which was veggies, what looked like meat but wasn't meat in a sauce and rice instead which was really good, glad I didn't go with the goulash. Then we had a doughnut like dessert and a cup of coffee (or tea if you preferred). Then we headed to the school where we'd be taking classes. On the way there it started to snow. First time that I have been in the snow since I was like 2 or 3 years old. Once we got to the school we got the run down of what is going on. My intensive Czech class starts tomorrow which we have for 5 hours a day for 2 weeks. We also got this cell phone package presentation which was helpful. It was a lot cheaper then getting a prepaid phone here so I might get it. Then we went on the metro to Tesco which is like giant target/kmart with like 5 floors. Some people bought bedding or whatever they needed. We had our first encounter with someone who spoke no English. We were trying to get like an egg crate/mattress topper pad type thing so we were doing charade like gestures, the lady there was very nice, but we couldn't find what we were looking for. We went to the grocery store in Tesco while we were there; you have to pay for whatever you want from that floor on before going to the next level. Then the girls from our building walked back to our building and we made it without getting lost! Well I have class tomorrow. Below is a video of my apartment and pictures from around Prague.

goulash that i decided not to have

A few photos from old town:



Snow!
  
view from room



No comments:

Post a Comment