Thursday, April 14, 2011

Athens, Greece Part 4

Cara and I had plans to go meet that the National Gardens and walk around together but I couldn't find her so I just wondered on my own. On my way out Sara, the girl who I was rooming with, starts shouting my name she was just about to leave and we had talked about going to get gelato/ice cream earlier so we went to get some it was super yummy I also finally got spanakopita it was a never ending spiral of cheese and spinach I couldn't eat it all too much!


Then we said our good-byes. I continued onward to the national gardens. The National Garden were quite nice I liked it a lot. There was a little mini zoo and it was very green and pretty. There was also a library and I feel in love. There was a reading center and they had weekly story time and tables set up where the kids could color. It was so nice if I lived there I would take my kids there weekly to the the park I loved it. Here are some photos:






















Then I continued on to walk to the National Archaeological Museum. I got really lost wondering the streets of Omonia the really sketchy part of Athens. I would ask people for directions that they would be like 5 blocks turn right and I would do that and there would be NOTHING there. So I began to realize that they were giving me wrong directions. I make it to what looks like a University and according to the map was close. Kept wandering still couldn't find the museum. I ended up finding this other museum the Epigraphical Museum. So I went in it got followed by a lady then yelled at for taking photos. Then they gave me directions to the Archaeological Museum.

dyslexic alphabet? lol
So I finally made it to the Archaeological museum. It was just about to close I was kinda upset that I went to all that effort and I didn't get to actually go, but here is the outside of the museum.

So when I got back to the hostel I messaged Cara and found out someone had robbed her :( We made plans to hang the next day since I knew my way around better than her so we'd go to find the place where her parents were able to wire her money. There were some people in the lobby and we got to talking and realized that it was getting late and none of us had eaten so we went to this place called smile that had a crisis menu lol a drink, bread, salad and entree for 7.50 great deal! So we enjoyed that! Then I went back and went to bed I was tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment