Thursday, April 21, 2011

Delphi, Greece

The hostel that I was staying at proved a tour of Delphi for 50 Euro and that included the bus, lunch and entrance in which I think was a little annoying since I would have gotten in for free anyway, but the Delphi was really pretty. Our tour guide told us about some of the myths and legends on the bus since he wasn't allowed in the museum.

















Then I cam back to the hostel and dropped of my stuff since Parmenion and Katya were taking me back to the hospital to have my finger looked at. My finger was fine healing well and I didn't need to wear a bandage any more. I got some medicine to put on it to help it heal and keep from getting infected. Then we went out for dinner and we had a huge meal.





view of the city lights
Then I said good bye and thank you to Parmenion and Katya. They were very kind and generous. The dropped me off at the bus station so I didn't have to walk there with my luggage and then I was off to the airport at 1 in the morning. Since my plane was leaving at 6am and day light saving started that night/day at 3am and I was losing an hour.


Review for the hostel. It was ok standard hostel. I stayed in an all female 6 person room. It was nice it had it's own bathroom. They had tiny lockers, locks not provided but they still fit my carry on size luggage. The beds weren't that comfortable but they weren't horrible. The free breakfast there was a joke. It was toast with jam, butter or cream cheese and hard boiled eggs everyday. The people working the desk were friendly and knowledgeable. The hostel let you keep your stuff in the side room at the hostel for the rest of the day after you had checked out free of charge which was nice since I had an early flight Sunday morning so I checked out on Saturday morning and kept my stuff there and waited around in the lounge till it was time to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment